Mar 5, 2009

Beijing

As promised, a short blog about my short trip to Beijing. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera for the best stuff...

It was a spur of the moment decision. Then after 14 hours on a train I was in Beijing.

I did the touristy stuff:


Great wall.

Old (trying to look it anyway) town outside of Beijing. It was lame so I only have close up pictures.
The cat was more interesting than the stuff at this place.
Ming tombs.
Then there is this guy... Like it or not, strange feeling when I watched them raise the Chinese flag at sunrise in Tienanmen Square. I actually saw a couple people crying...
It was the things that I forgot to bring my camera to that were the best. I went to an area near an art university that had loads of small shops, coffee shops, music shops, and live houses. It was so fun. I really with there was a music scene in Yantai. I even ended up playing a few songs at one of the coffee shops. Made friends with a few guys there and then made music with them. It was so fun. Stinking camera stayed home...

That was my time in Beijing. Now I can say I've been there.

2 Comments:

  1. Tamiko said...
    That's the one downside of big cameras. The pictures you took look great though, and you look quite old in the picture too!

    It must be fun making music with random people you meet along the road!
    Kaylin said...
    Woo Great Wall! How far did you get? ^__^

Post a Comment