Apr 2, 2009

I finished recording my second Chinese song. Zou Nan helped me out a lot with the lyrics. It has an English name because it's way more catchy to say "I'll never do that" in English than Chinese.

It's a song to a girl that has been hurt over and over again. It's about seeing her pain and promising that you'll never do that. It's difficult the translate the verses for me, but the chorus goes something like this:

I don't want you to feel like you're alone
I'll never leave you by yourself at night
I can't believe the other guys that lied
How can they sleep at night knowing you cried

It sounds better in Chinese... hehe

Anyway, give it a look and tell me what you think!

I'll Never Do That

5 Comments:

  1. Tamiko said...
    Sounds good! You keep getting better and better. I wish I could understand what you are saying though...

    I'm still waiting to hear the song you wrote while you were here though!

    Keep it up! It's an amazing gift.
    Trevor Raichura said...
    Love it! You know, today I was thinking, "I hope Mark records something new soon!" And then I checked your blog and to my delight, I've got a new Chinese song by my favourite New Mexican!
    Amanda S said...
    Soooooo cool!! I really liked that one!! Now I want to learn Chinese even more! Hahahaha. I miss you Mark!! Looking forward to more!
    Anonymous said...
    Soooo cool!! I really liked it Mark! And now I want to learn Chinese even more!! Hahhaha! Looking forward to hearing more! Especially the chinese songs...

    -Amanda S
    Anonymous said...
    hen hao ting. Sounds nice.
    you know more of the vocab. than i do now...so jealous of you. But it's ok!! God is good, All the time.
    Love you brother!

    Kayo

Post a Comment