Jun 4, 2009

I went to Zao Zhuang over my last holiday. Zou Nan has a very good friend that lives there so we stayed with her friend. We spend a couple days hanging out with her friend Hui Hui and her brother. It was good fun. We also climbed Tai Shan. I still don't understand why Chinese put stairs on every mountain. It's not fun and it's much harder. Over 7200 stairs up and then back down again. We climbed at night so we could watch a sunrise that didn't happen because of clouds. But at least we did it, no matter how much our legs punished us for it.

Here are some pictures:


In Zao Zhuang


A big park we went to outside of Zao Zhuang.








Zou Nan in the park.


We took a boat in the park, got some nice shots because of it.


A water fountain in the same park.








The four of us.


Up on Tai Shan.




Yes, people actually live on the top and carry their supplies up.






In other news, Today is the 20th anniversary of what didn't happen in tian an men square in 1989. As such many websites are blocked. I had to jump through hoops to update this blog.

I also woke up to sirens all over (I live by two universities). I expect it was because of some pretests and whatnot. I was late to work so I took a taxi and saw a big group of students marching, holding flags with something I couldn't read written on them, and saying things in unison. I asked the driver what they were doing and he just said they were crazy.

Sigh. China, China, China...

3 Comments:

  1. Tamiko said...
    I'm glad you found a way around to update your blog.

    Your water fountain pictures always amazes me as well as the others. Good pictures buddy.

    You make me want to visit China even though there seems to be many ridiculous things!
    Trevor Raichura said...
    You have the gift of photography, my friend. I will return to visit this post again sometime and carefully look at each pic. It's late but I just wanted to say "Well done!"
    Kaylin said...
    Beautiful pictures! (for lack of better words)
    Breathtaking? Yes...I'm proud of you for taking on all those steps.
    So what is this about China blocking all these websites? That is just unfathomable to me.

Post a Comment